The Student Visa For India
Student visas are granted to people who wish to come to India and study at an officially recognized educational institution. To get the student visa is much easier and cost less, just follow the guidelines.
Step 1: Collect all the required documents as below:
- Passport with 6-month validity.
- Passport size photographs.
- Photocopy of passport.
- Proof of residential address.
- Copy of online filled form.
- University admission letter.
- University details.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate
Step 2: Fill the online visa form for an appointment
- The visitor is required to fill an online visa application by visiting the website http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
- Submit the form and take the print out of it.
Step 3: Visit the embassy
- Visit the nearest embassy on allotted time along with a printout of the online filled application and required documents.
- Submit all the documents and filled form.
Step 4: Collect Visa
- Collect your passport with a visa stamp from the Indian embassy, as informed.
Indian Missions/Posts grant a student visa for a period of five years or for the duration of the course of study, whichever is less, to the below:
- To foreigner students coming to India to pursue regular and full-time academic studies in India.
- For foreign students coming for Industrial training, summer project, and internship.
- Provisional student visa valid for six months for the students exploring admission or taking admission tests.
- Applicant should possess the proof of admission to a full time regular academic course in a reputed/recognized educational institution in India and evidence of financial support.
- The applicant should also possess a “No Objection Certificate” from the Ministry of Health in case of admission in medical or Para-medical course.
- Spouse and dependent family members accompanying the applicant must apply for an Entry Visa (Not Tourist Visa. Its termination date will coincide with the period of the principal visa holder.
Student visas are issued for up to five years, depending on the duration of the course. Which can also be extended in India.
Fee For Student Visa:
The visa fee for a student visa is different for all the countries. It ranges from $13 to $118.