If you are not an Indian Student and wishes to study in India then it is mandatory for you to apply for Indian Visa.
If you are a student, you need to apply for Student’s Visa.
Please note that if you are carrying any other Visa, you will not be registered in any Indian University.
Visa Applications are made at Indian Embassy closest to an Individual’s place of residence. To apply for a visa you must have:
- A valid passport.
- Proof that you are the person identified by the passport.
- University admission letter in original.
- Required photographs (follow the embassy guidelines for these photos).
- Funds for any required fees.
- Proof of prior education (transcript, diploma, etc.)
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to study (bank statement or bank letter).
- Any other document needed by Visa Issue Authority.
You should be prepared to demonstrate that you have close ties to your home country and as you are applying for a non- immigrant Visa, that you will have full intention of returning back after you complete your studies.